Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Goodbye Blue Sky

Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
Did you ever wonder why we
Had to run for shelter when the
Promise of a brave, new world
Unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Did you see the frightened ones?
Did you hear the falling bombs?
The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on.
Goodbye, blue sky
Goodbye, blue sky.
Goodbye. Goodbye.

- Pink Floyd

Just before the song starts there is a child's voice saying "Look, Mummy. There's an airplane up in the sky."
Just my frustration with so many broken things... and myself.

2 comments:

  1. :-)
    "Wish u were here", is my personal favorite from Pink Floyd. Unlike this song, it has a very calming effect :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine Pink Floyd write anything "calming" but I haven't heard him much. I will now.

    The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on.

    ReplyDelete